what you will do:
- improve the customer experience, directly or indirectly;
- help to develop and improve AML/CTF processes across xpate group;
- work with the regulatory requirements of multiple geographies, especially Europe and Asia;
- help in maintaining internal AML policies and procedures;
- perform customer onboarding (due diligence document collection and verification, customer screening, EDD checks) and ongoing monitoring;
- work in an international team in a highly dynamic environment;
- show creativity and ownership of your area of responsibility.
what it takes to be an AML Specialist at xpate. You need to:
- have 2+ years of full-time experience in AML operations in finance (preferably, payment services);
- have a solid understanding of AML regulatory requirements in the UK or the EU; preferably, with an experience across multiple jurisdictions;
- possess a skill of "translating" regulatory requirements into efficient business processes, including experience with business process implementation and fine-tuning;
- display proactivity, aiming for the success of the product from regulatory, as well as business perspective;
- have excellent analytical skills and ability to plan ahead;
- be self-organized and structured, including an ability to meet deadlines;
- have English and Latvian language proficiency;
what’s in it for you:
- A high degree of collaboration and autonomy while working with a group of international peers who have a getting things done attitude;
- A feeling of being valued at work;
- An opportunity to leave a footprint on an exciting fintech product that brings value to its customers;
- A competitive gross monthly salary starting from € 1600;
- Supportive and caring leadership;
- A stack of work equipment from Apple as our hardware of choice;
- Extra 3 paid days off per quarter for personal time & sick days to boost productivity;
- Health insurance;
- Birthday off. You can take this day off on your birthday (of course) or on any other day on your birthday month;
- Flexible working hours;
- A co-working space with a unique interior design in Riga;
- The opportunity to travel to other future offices and team events.
We’ve got more benefits in the pipeline as we are just beginning.
We are ready to allocate massive responsibility to xpaters when they demonstrate our desired personal and professional qualities apart from their seniority or time spent working at xpate.
you will work closely with:
Ilga, our beloved Chief Compliance Officer, whom you will support in day to day AML matters. Be ready to navigate both high level regulatory AML requirements as well as very practical aspects of AML controls with her.
xpate hiring process:
- 1st round interview with our recruiter who will tell you more about xpate, our mission and the nature of this open role. We would like you to provide an insight into your relevant experience and overall expectations;
- 2nd round interview with Ilga, our Chief Compliance Officer. At this time, you will have a longer and more in-depth conversation with her regarding this role, your relevant experience and your expectations of xpate. You will have a great chance to get to know Ilga, and there will also be an AML case scenario to discuss - this exercise will help us be aligned as professionals and business-wise;
- 3rd round is a video call or onsite introduction with our CEO and your future team members to help you understand even better what xpaters are like;
- xpate LTD, subsidiary of foreign business (AKF) in Latvia, reg. no. 42103109581, is the hiring company.